Monday, January 5, 2009

MY THOUGHTS: The thin line between sleep and laziness

Scenario 1:
Every morning I really struggle to wake up even when previous night sleep was hard to come by. This leads me to wonder whether sleep becomes sweetest in the morning or does laziness kick in, or do both occur simultaneously.
Scenario 2:
It is a hot afternoon after lunch,either heavy or a light meal.But there is a problem. I'm feeling drowsy and can hardly stay awake.I'm not fatigued coz I havent been busy anyway.Now, is this sleep creeping in or am I just lazy again?
Scenario 3:
Today I'm really bored and moody.My mind wanders around and before I realise it I'm yawning. Sooner than later sleep comes knocking. Again I wonder,is it laziness,boredom or sleep.
The short life I have lived makes me conclude that unless I'm tired,fatigued and have had a full day,then any feeling masqueriding as sleep is laziness.
In Proverbs we are told that a man who loves sleep will come to nought.We are also warned not to be lazy lest poverty overtake us like vagabonds.
Just a thought to build on.Sleep is good but it's not an excuse to be lazy

No comments:

Post a Comment